Friday, January 11, 2008

Letting it all sink in...

Life just changed, ok maybe it changed a while ago but I am just finding out and playing catch up. Maybe I should be making a big adjustment, but right now I am still processing. The funny thing is, the thought that keeps going through my mind is, I should really clean the house.
So for those of you who read this you get to know before anyone else, if you read it before I tell them.

I am going to be a father, a dad. ME!

It is something I have always dreamed of. When anyone asked what do you want to be when you grow up, I would say "I don't know" but in my mind and sometimes out loud I would say I want to be a father. I want to have and raise a child, I want to teach them about life and this world and give them the best tools possible to live in and enjoy this life.
Now this dream has faded quite a bit over the years, for the longest time I wondered if I would get married then I went through a divorce. Over the years the cynic in me has grown and said why would you want to bring a child into this messed up world what kind of loving parent would do that.
Tonight that dream has become a distinct possibility. As long as there are no complications with the pregnancy, in however long the child takes to develop and be born I will be a dad. And my wife will be a mother. After my divorce I didn't want to have anything to do with women. Then I met my wife. I couldn't think of anyone I would want more as the mother of my children. I have seen her with kids and she is amazing, I have heard her talk to and about children and the love, compassion and understanding is overwhelming. I look forward to raising our children together. Sweet, awesome don't even touch the feelings that are starting to grow in me.

Well I better clean the house so our child can mess it up.

1 comment:

DvntWriter said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Although I knew b/c you told us at D&D (which now that I think about it, explains that huge grin you had most of the night lol), non-the-less congratulations!